Friday, September 7, 2007

So Far

Well, first I should probably start with introductions; the who, why, where and what. I'm staying with Sarah, who's staying with the Pettie family consisting of Ron, Kathy, Gabrille, and Joshua. Sarah's their nanny for the summer and will be coming back home in October some time.
Okay, now I think I can continue on with my story. Today, like yesterday, Sarah, the kids and I went to a town called Manteo and spent the whole day visiting, playing in the parks, going to museums, aquariums, and ice cream pallors( in this weather it calls for ice cream on a daily basis). Yesterday we went on the "Elizabeth II" ship. It was pretty awesome, and when I finally download pictures I'll post them.
Today was the 'fish farm'(aquarium) as I dubbed them and spent a lovely morning petting the Sting Rays and watching the scuba divers clean the glass walls. Gab absolutely loved the Sea Otters and would spend a good 15 minutes giggling over them each time we passed through.
Went through the Elizabethian museum, which had lots of hands on things for kids to do. There were a few places that let the kids dress up in clothes from back in the day, and of cours, Sarah and, I being previously home schooled, dressed up as well. Yet again, the pictures will come soon.
Other than busy days and smoldering humidity, its been nice here. The sunsets are amazing, pink, orange, red, yellow, you name it. Tomorrow Sarah and I are getting up early to see the sunrise. So with that(and looking at the time) its time for me to go to bed. Prayers for Melanie, Rainer, Christiane, and Debora...my little german familie.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Beth, you're soooo lucky!! It is one of my life goals to see a sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean, so enjoy it for me, ok?

Beth said...

Well, about that sunrise...the alarm went off, Sarah got out of bed, went back to bed and slept until 8am. Me, on the other hand, I woke up every 10 min. turning off the alarm. So needless to say, we didn't see it today. But before I leave we will.

Carrie said...

You make sure you do!! :)

Linda said...

You tell a fancy tale there Bethy, you should become a writer. I love to read your work.
Made me want to be there with the two of you or should I say the four of you.